Michael Hunter Choosing Povetkin To Repeat In Rematch With Whyte
In the eighth round, Povetkin related with a combination that dropped Boswell and ultimately counted out. Boswell managed to get to his ft after the depend had finished, only to fall again down. With Teddy Atlas in his nook, Povetkin bested Chagaev by unanimous choice to capture the WBA heavyweight title.
- At the time of stoppage, the three judges scorecards have been 58–fifty six, 58–56, and 59–55 in favour of Joshua.
- The opening round began off slow nonetheless Povetkin started taking over the struggle touchdown physique shots and using his straight rights.
- Less than a week later, Eddie Chambers won a break up decision victory over former title challenger Calvin Brock.
- “Povetkin at all times will get to his man at some point and Dillian Whyte always gets hit at some point in all of his fights, so I assume it’s going to be a very related end result.
- Just 20 hours earlier than the fight was to happen, the WBC withdrew its sanction of the fight stating Povetkin had failed another drug test, this time for Ostarine.
By the end of December 2018, Povetkin recovered from elbow operations following his loss to Joshua and acknowledged he would begin a coaching camp in January 2019, hoping for a struggle in April. Povetkin expected his return to the ring would take place in both the UK or US. A few names had been reported such as Dillian Whyte and Oleksandr Usyk. On 4 March, it was reported that Usyk would battle either Povetkin or Carlos Takam on 18 May 2019 in Chicago, Illinois.
Bellew Struggling With High Variety Of Drug Tests Forward Of Usyk Battle
As Britain’s Dillian Whyte came upon in August, the Russian brute has the power to end a battle at any second, even when he’s far behind on the scorecards. Alexander Povetkin is among the most harmful one-punch knockout artists in latest heavyweight reminiscence. News Corp is a community of leading companies within the worlds of diversified media, information, schooling, and data services. WBA lets Wladimir Klitschko delay fight in opposition to Povetkin. Povetkin dismantles Rahman; keeps heavyweight belt – ESPN. Sky Box Office tale of the tape previous to the Anthony Joshua fight.
It was initially for 14 July 2012 at Upton Park in West Ham, London, with David Haye vs. Derek Chisora as the main event. The venue was later changed to Alsterdorfer Sporthalle in Alsterdorf, Hamburg. The fight was rescheduled for 29 September with Kubrat Pulev vs. Alexander Ustinov for the European title as co-feature.